Why Switch to Using a Halogen Oven?
People always find ways to make their lives easier. We search for the most convenient ways to accomplish our daily goals, cooking included. The good thing is that manufacturers are not blind to people’s need for convenience. Cookware producers have developed a kitchen appliance that can make cooking faster and more energy-saving. If you’re still using an oven toaster or a microwave oven to heat, dry and bake foods, then it’s time for you to switch to a better cooking appliance – the halogen oven. The technology behind it is a breakthrough in the world of cookery.
How Does It Work?
It’s pretty simple. A halogen oven has a glass container with a lid that contains halogen bulbs and a high-powered fan. The halogen light bulbs heat the air inside the container, and then the fan circulates this heated air around the food to cook it. Temperatures can be set to varying levels allowing you to choose from several cooking styles – broiling, roasting, steaming, grilling, air-frying, dehydrating and baking. Some halogen ovens even have built-in microwave and convection oven options making it the most versatile cooking appliance and giving you even more cooking styles to choose from. This piece of technology certainly offers the most convenient way to cook – many types of cooking can be done using just one home appliance.
Halogen ovens cook foods fast and evenly. No need to worry about the food being overcooked on one side, and raw on another. The hot air is circulated evenly around the food.
Since the container is made of glass, you might wonder about the safety of using a halogen oven. Well, there’s really no need to worry about the glass shattering into pieces and cutting you in the process, or putting the food to waste because of shards of glass mixing with it, because its durability has been put to test and rest assured that the glass bowl is capable of handling extreme heat.
Why Should I Scrap My Other Cooking Appliances and Use a Halogen Oven Instead?
Well, why not? Many cooking appliances have really good and useful functions but a halogen oven combines all of those functions into a single home appliance. Talk about convenience. Aside from that, there are several other benefits of using a halogen oven. Here’s a list:
- Cooking time is significantly reduced. Halogen ovens cook foods up to two times faster than conventional microwave ovens.
- The glass container is spacious. You can cook up to about 8lbs of meat and with an Extender Ring, cooking 16lbs of meat is possible.
- Portability and space are not an issue. A halogen oven is smaller, lighter and more compact than conventional ovens so storage won’t be a problem. Because of its size and weight you can easily bring it to gatherings.
- It is energy-saving. Compared to conventional ovens, a halogen oven uses 75% less energy to cook foods. Also, you can conserve energy because of the lessened cooking time.
- No need to defrost foods. Directly from the freezer, foods can be cooked in a halogen oven.
- Cooking is smokeless and won’t heat up the whole kitchen.
- It comes with an agreeable price tag. Compared with some conventional microwave and infrared ovens, a halogen oven costs relatively low and even cheaper than other cooking appliances considering its versatility.
A halogen oven is fast, durable, safe and versatile. Having said all its benefits, we are left with no doubt that using a halogen oven makes life easier.