Halogen ovens are miracle workers in the kitchen. You can use them to cook all sorts of cuisines. In truth, you will never run out of halogen oven recipies, since most halogen ovens cater to various forms of cooking, including frying if you have an electric oven with a halogen function. However, if you’re particular with the recipes for halogen oven, check out these wonderful cuisines:
Spicy Veggie Kebab
In this age when everyone is concerned about health and fitness, people tend to sacrifice meat dishes for healthier alternatives. The spicy veggie kebab eliminates the calories of meat, without sacrificing the flavor nor the spiciness. Any foodie would surely love this treat.
- 500 grams natural flavored yoghurt
- 3 onions
- 2 bell peppers
- A pack of mint leaves
- 5 tbsp mango chutney
- 250 grams of small potatoes
- 300 grams spicy cheese
- 3 tbsp tikka paste
- Grated ginger
- Salad leaves
- Olive oil
- Pour the tikka paste, yoghurt, grated ginger and cumin in a mixing bowl. Stir them until the marinade is formed.
- Cut the cheese into thin slices, the bell peppers into chunks, and the onions into wedges. Pickle the mint leaves. Once done, place each in a bowl.
- Mix them with some marinade.
- Boil the potatoes for 5 to 10 minutes, and then mix them with marinade.
- Stick the potatoes, peppers, onions, cheese in the kebab skewers. Brush marinade on the kebabs.
- Set the halogen oven to Hi, and then place the skewers in the cooking chamber. Cook the kebabs for about 10 minutes. You’ll know they’re cooked when you see that the veggies are a bit toasted.
- Mix the salad leaves with the olive oil and vinegar. Once done, arrange them on one side of the dinner plate, along with the chapattis.
- Put the kebabs on the plate and serve.
If you want a stronger flavor for your kebabs, you can add more cumin and douse them with chili powder. You can eat the kebabs with the chapattis or you could make a nice Indian pilaf and dahl to go along with your meal.
Gourmet Chicken with Mozzarella
For those who love pizza and roast chicken, here’s a nifty little dish to whet your appetites. The quaintly sour flavor of cheese blends well with juicy chicken meat, creating a tangy and flavorful dish. It is the perfect meal to serve for special occasions. Come to think of it, you can make any night a special occasion with it.
- Chicken breast fillets
- Slices of mozzarella cheese
- 1 tsp of pesto
- Chopped potatoes
- A pack of mixed vegetables
- A little butter
- Wash the chicken fillets and then wrap them in aluminum foil.
- Place the wrapped fillets in the halogen oven’s cooking chamber. Set the oven to Hi and cook the fillets for about 20 minutes.
- Place pesto and the cheese on top of the fillets, and then return them to the cooking chamber.
- Cook the fillets until the cheese melts and merges with the pesto.
- Once done, heat the mixed vegetables in the halogen for a bit, to defrost them. Mix them with the potatoes and the slices of butter and then cook them in the halogen oven, until the butter melts.
- Serve both the fillets and the buttered potatoes and vegetables on a dinner plate.
This dish goes well with merlot and clam chowder – as a starter. Play a little jazz music in the background and light a dinner candle at the center of the table. You and your partner will have quite a romantic night, enhanced by this fine cuisine.
The Halogen Oven Cook Book
The given recipes are only two examples of what you can do with your halogen oven. If you want a more comprehensive take on cooking, you might as well purchase a halogen oven recipe book. All book stores have them, so just select according to your preferred cuisines. The recipes for halogen ovens featured are diverse, catering to the differing tastes. It is advisable to buy more than one book for splendid halogen oven cooking times.
Recipe for Halogen Oven Websites
A lot of websites and blogs are dedicated to sharing the best recipes for halogen ovens. Google search them and you will find more than a few online portals for fine cuisines. Download your preferred recipes, print them and compile them in a folder. You, as a result, will have your very own halogen oven cookbook. This eliminates the need to purchase recipe books, since these websites are more diverse than anything that the bookstore offers.
The Bible for Food Preparation
The halogen, like a world renowned chef, is a source of very fine meals. Once you get accustomed to using it, you’ll be making delicious cuisines with ease, much to the pleasure of your dinner guests. The halogen oven cookbook stands as your bible for food preparation.